Saturday, January 14, 2023

Changing Things

 


My kitchen is small.  It's hard to know where to put things and make the most of the space.

I've had the spices in a cabinet over the stove, but I've felt bad when Winnie comes to visit because she loves to cook, and she isn't tall.  (Although she never complained.)  And like everyone else, I had expired spices in that spice box

So for now, most of the spices are resting in a drawer.  I can see what I have, and that's nice.  I still have some containers that are too big to fit there, so it isn't a perfect fix.

I've been working, really working, on getting rid of things I no longer use.  I did that once, when I moved here fifteen years ago, but I've accumulated things since I've lived here.  And I moved some things I never should have even brought with me.

It's slow going, and it's a sad process.  Things change.  I no longer need all those back issues of Quilting Arts because my quilting is different now.  Sadly, I took the things out of the tote that the grands called the art box and which would come out on a regular basis.  They probably don't even remember the art box.

That electric griddle, which I loved, had to go.  I had dreams of having people over for brunch like I did in my past life, but not this one.  How many store-bought quilts do I really need?  How many spools of half-used ribbon?  And why did I think I needed to save those sewing machine boxes?

Even though it's sad going, I'm moving toward my goal.  I want to be able to go into my little attic and easily find exactly what I'm looking for.  I want my basement floor to look uncluttered.  I want to go into my sewing room and not find things on the floor.


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

OH? things are not supposed to be piled up on the sewing room floor?????
I did not KNOW that...... Wow. I have work to do- but where to put it all????
Laughing over heer in ICE COLD MAINE. Now to take a nap.......