Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Thread Change

 


It comes as a surprises to no one that I use a lot of thread.  For years I've been primarily using a quality thread and been very happy.

Recently I decided to switch to Aurifil thread in my primary machine.  Who knows why, maybe because I use it for quilting and often use it in my smaller machines.  And my machine is in love.  The sound it makes is totally different, so smooth.

This is a good thing, because the cone I bought has 6452 yards.  I'm projecting that I'll use it up by March.  Approximately $38 worth of thread.

For today I'm mindless sewing strips together for my next comforter.  Enjoying the sound of the machine.

Here's my public service announcement:  if you have old threads from your grandmother or threads on wooden spools or polyester threads on styrofoam spools, enjoy looking at them and thinking about old times but don't use them in your sewing machine.  Thread ages, just like us.  Your machine will thank you for keeping those old threads away from it.

No comments: