Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Baseball Again

 


My task for the week:  embroidering names and numbers for Aaron's team's bat bags.  I have the software part finished, just the actual stitching to do now.

It feels so hopeful to have the Reds playing down the street.  Something I missed during last year's spring.  And so far, they have been fun to follow.  Lots of runs.

Home again from a vacation at Hilton Head.  It had been years since I'd been to the beach, and this was such a nice one.  White sand, but not blindingly white.  Nice weather for the most part.  It was my first time at Hilton Head and I enjoyed seeing the way they have tried to make it look less commercial.  Beige stores, set back from the street.  Bicycle paths everywhere.

During the past year I missed the grandchildren so much and it was amazing to spend time with them.  They have grown up so much.  Both of them had a small adventure on their own.  Nora drove to visit a school friend in a different neighborhood and Aaron rode a bike to a near-by park (and spotted an alligator beside the pond.)

On the way home we spent a couple of nights with Sarah and Winnie and that was another nice time.  And then right away after we came back, it was Easter.  My body and mind need a little adjustment time.

No comments: