Monday, March 8, 2021

Taller

 


Yesterday was two weeks and two days past my second Covid vaccine.  And I got grandchildren hugs for the first time in a year.  I get emotional just thinking of no hugs for a year, just - sadness.  I'm glad I didn't know a year ago that it would be that long.  And yet, I'm here, I'm healthy, I am lucky.

And now - Aaron is taller than I am.  Just a little but he's thirteen so it will soon be a lot.

His sister, though - she is five feet eight inches and her doctor says she is finished growing.  Everyone is surprised.  Her mom is six feet tall and her dad is six feet three inches.  I have no doubt that, for her, she is the perfect height.

My daughter just called - she was going to an unfamiliar neighborhood to pick up roller blades from Craigslist for Aaron.  Success.  And when she got home, they fit.  She took a shoe with her.  

How wonderful to have a sunny day - and a warm one.  I was surprised - in a shady corner at the bank parking lot, under a tree, there was still a little pile of snow. 

1 comment:

DMarsh said...

Hoo-ray! Paul's second dose is this week, so our hugs are coming soon!