Wednesday, March 3, 2021

First Block

 


For whatever reason, who knows why, I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  At 4:30 I gave up and went upstairs to sew.  I don't recommend this, but I was able to finish this first block in my block of the month AND hem two curtain panels.

The block is 36" x 36: and the quilt is My Favorite Color Is Moda - Cookie Tin.  I ordered it around Christmas and had Christmas on my mind.  There were six color choices.  I'm pretty happy to have this first block done before blocks two and three show up soon.  They won't be this large.

And, for whatever reason, I had lots of energy today.  Not enough, though, to head down to the Ohio River and see how high the water is.  Maybe tomorrow for that, even though it won't be as warm as today.  Some of the flood gates are being put in place today, although it may be precautionary.  No worries for me - I live way up the hill, way up.

I've finished The House in the Cerulean Sea.  It's been awhile since I felt I could highly recommend a book, but I wanted to read every word of this one.  That doesn't happen often.  I'm a fast reader and tend to skim the boring stuff.  Not this time, there was no boring stuff.


No comments: