Friday, March 12, 2021

Shows What I Know

 


I thought I was admiring a fancy kind of Japanese forsythia on my zoo trip this week, but Sarah and Winnie tell me that this is a witch hazel.  Shows what I know.

I had looked forward to the zoo trip as my two-weeks-past-my-second-shot excursion.  The afternoon was warm, and I had both my membership id and reservation time ready on my phone.  I was a little disappointed.  Despite using reservations, the zoo was crowded.  I guess that times in are limited, but there isn't a time limit.  The day was lovely, and people decided to stay.

Quite a few people ignored the signage and had slipped their masks around their necks.  On the other hand, there were lots of wee kids who were wearing masks, even though masks aren't required for kids under six.  The little ones just acted like mask-wearing was normal and made no difference to them.  Kudos to their parents.

I didn't stay long at the zoo, but that's ok.  The nice part of having a pass, and living close by, is knowing I can go back on a different day.  I admired lots of foliage from spring bulbs starting to just poke up through the ground and there will be riots of color in a few weeks.  And I admired the snow leopards.


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I have two Witch Hazel trees in bloom. I remembered their name yesterday- otherwise
today's post from you would have given me a clue- I knew they had a name I just couldn't retrieve it.

I am now wondering how they make the liquid Witch Hazel I buy at the store to make mosquito bites and other itchy things stop itching.