Saturday, October 27, 2018

Hats


This week I embroidered numbers on hats for Aaron's football team.  Their playoffs are today and last night my daughter and the team mom delivered a bag with a hat, wolf cookie, and candy to each player's doorstep.

The hats were easy enough.  Use a font in the embroidery machine.  Hoop the stabilizer, spray on some basting spray, position the hat, embroider.  I used black thread in the bobbin so the numbers would look good even if there was a tension mishap.

I enjoy that kind of project, knowing that the guys would be happy to find a surprise on the day of a big game in the life of a ten-year-old.  Or eleven-year-old.

Other projects for the week:  running a seam in the top of curtains so there would be a header above the rod pocket.  I put a piece of blue masking tape on my machine and used that as a seam guide.

And, fixing a blouse so that the back would be even with the front, not longer.

And, making a pair of sweat pants two inches shorter.

Working Monday and Tuesday at a big sewing event and seeing so many of my friends.

That's been my week.

No comments: