Friday, December 22, 2017

Winter Solstice


On the day of the Winter Solstice, I went to the car wash.  Along with lots of other people.  Last time I went to work, I was briefly behind a salt truck on the interstate.  It wasn't a pretty outcome.  The other cars in line looked quite clean compared to mine.

Today, when I woke up, I could be happy that we are going toward the light.  Almost like yesterday, but it feels different, it feels hopeful.  

Perhaps today, if I take one room at a time, I can prepare for Christmas.  Lots undone, but nothing big.  Just spread out.

Most of you know that I worked at Berea College for many years and am so passionate about Berea and its mission of providing quality tuition-free education for its low income students.  If family income is too high, students aren't admitted.  So, the tax that will be placed on its endowment is hard for me.  If you're interested, google Berea College tax reform.

No comments: