Monday, December 11, 2017

Turning Thirteen


Yesterday was Nora's family birthday party, today is the actual birthday.  

From her mom and dad:  an Under Armour hoodie plus a music stand that she put together right away.  I was impressed with her dad, giving her the tools and guiding her but letting her do the work.  

From aunts Sarah and Winnie, a drum pad and drum sticks.  I understand that there is a blister on her finger this morning from all that drumming.  From Aunt Tina, pretty fluffy onsie pajamas.  From Grandma and Pap, Twisted Peppermint bath bombs and shower gel.  From Bridget, a game she wanted.  From me, mint Converse shoes and athletic pants.  And, from the neighbor boys, a Red Ryder BB gun that brought a huge grin.

I am listing the gifts, not to be consumer-oriented but to illustrate the diversity of likes of a thirteen-year-old girl.  I hope she maintains that diversity always, not getting bogged down with the "shoulds" and "what everyone else wants." 

That's my real birthday wish for her.   

No comments: