Thursday, March 19, 2015

Yellow and Gray


This baby quilt has some embroidery to come, but the quilting and binding are finished.  I'm enjoying the disappearing nine patch these days.  Fabric is by Riley Blake,and I'm loving that too.

One of my goals last year was to use less fabric than I bought, and that worked well.  It's kind of become a habit now.  And the other was to upgrade the fabrics I did buy, to get nicer stuff.  I make nice things and I spend a lot of time making them, and I wanted my fabric to reflect that. 


Back around Thanksgiving, I made kitchen curtains for someone and saved a few of the scraps.  In the interest of cleaning up my sewing area, I put trim on some kitchen towels and added a potholder to go with the curtains.  I hope it will be a nice surprise.

No comments: