Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Deconstructed Nine-Patch


This is my version of Jacquie Gering's Deconstructed Nine-Patch quilt.  Her pattern has the white and colored squares in the center of the quilt instead of offset.


The pattern is in the Winter 2012/2013 International Quilt Festival Quilt Scene and can also be found at the Interweave Store.

I used the walking foot for my quilting, quilting across one row and starting from the opposite side for the next row.  I just turn around on the extra backing/batting.  If you use basting spray, like I do, be sure the quilt is tacked down well on the upper and lower edges.  I ended up with pleats on my last rows at the top.

I started with in with my seam ripper, then decided to take the dishonorable route and just cut off off the top three inches or so.  No one will ever miss it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that! Very pretty.
- Sarah