Tuesday, March 10, 2015

More Free Motion


After despairing of my free motion quilting last week, it went much better this week.  Primarily, I think, because I was back in the groove and because I remembered to use a NEBS bobbin along with the Aurifil thread in the needle.  My Viking machines are much happier with this combination.  How could I have forgotten?  Two of the samples are done with the walking foot, by the way.  I don't want you to think that I can free motion straight lines like that.

Some of you know that I worked at Berea College for nineteen years and I am so proud of the work the college does.  So, I'll share this USA Today story with you.  It mentions a group of students who went to Selma last week along with a group of twelve who went from the college's group of 59, fifty years ago.  Listening to the president's speech and reading this story has been very emotional for me.

I am so enjoying the rain today.  It's such a lovely change from the snow of recent weeks.  Feels more like I think March should be.  

No comments: