Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Finally, A Bird


This bird will be the first of many, I've been wanting to try to make some birds for the longest time.  I saw this little guy in one of the Stitch magazines, but I'm not sure which.  I love his long legs.

Really wonderful news, my cousin's baby girl came home today.  Born at the end of December, she weighed 1 pound, 2 ounces at birth and 4 pounds today.  She has a little sister at home and grandparents close by just waiting to help care for the girls.

In my church's Art and Spirituality Group, we are studying the book What We Ache For;  Creativity and the Unfolding of Your Soul, by Oriah Mountain Dreamer.  Today, I am pondering these sentences from Chapter 8: "To create in any form, we have to be willing to engage our intent and then let go and allow this grace, this flow, this unpredictable and sometimes seemingly chaotic energy that is both what we are and yet larger than us, to direct the process.  This is how our spirituality is not separable from our creativity."

And from the same chapter, "If the inspiration that gets us to create is the inhale, and the creative work itself is the exhale, empty time is the pause between the two, the place where we sit for a moment and wait for the impulse to take the next breath to come from a deep stillness."




No comments: