Monday, September 9, 2013

Baking

I've been seeing all these yummy-looking pictures on facebook recently, but yesterday was the first time I tried one.  Since I don't eat meat, that eliminates quite a few, and some of the others look so wonderful but contain ingredients that make them really high-calorie dishes. 

There was one that caught my fancy just because it was so easy.  A box of angel food cake mix and the large can of crushed pineapple.  That's all.  I tried it yesterday and it was as good as I hoped.  Just stir the pineapple into the cake mix and the batter sort of bubbles up.  Bake it in a 9" x 13" pan and that's it.  Very delicious, very easy.

And then on Saturday, I planned to make brownies for a picnic, but when I went to get brownie mix out of the cupboard I spied a box of blueberry muffin mix that I needed to use.  I mixed it according to the directions but added two mashed-up bananas and some walnuts to make a banana blueberry bread, baked it in an 8" x 8" pan, and put on a light vanilla glaze after it was baked.  I cut it in small pieces, and there was nothing left in the pan at the end of the picnic.

I also baked a lot of mini chocolate chip cookies for a reception, but I used the refrigerated dough from the grocery for that . . .  Once you try it, there's no going back.

1 comment:

Jenni Pugh said...

Those sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try them.
I also think that about the shared recipes, they look great but they are way too fattening.