Friday, July 5, 2013

Mississippi Mud Cake


Every once in awhile, I get an urge to bake something.  Not too often, because the doctor says I have pre-diabetes and I don't want the full-blown thing, but just now and then I want to get out the butter and sugar and chocolate or fruit.  And when it's cake, I get out this book, which has lovely pictures and nice stories and yummy recipes.  Every time I read it, I want to BE a Cake Lady.


Yesterday for the 4th, my assignment was to bring watermelon for dessert, but I really wanted to MAKE something, which turned out to be this Mississippi Mud Cake.  I won't tell you that it isn't so bad for you because . . .    It really has the wonderful things that make it taste great.  Butter, sugar, cocoa. 

My theory about eating cake or ice cream or whatever is that if you're going to have some, it should be really good, not something with lots of preservatives and ingredients that I have no idea what they could be.  And this was really good.  We never did eat the watermelon. 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

My diet is not supposed to include wheat flour or sugar. So why am I dreaming (and searching) for recipes for brownies? Same as you. the body wants and needs some chocolate goodness. I've narrowed my search to a mostly flour less brownie. Only a quarter cup. But a large amount of butter and sugar. I may switch in some Splenda. Here's to chocolate!!!!