Monday, July 8, 2013

Garden Decor


I worked at the store a couple of days last week and got to make some samples using the new Dakota designs.  The design above is from the Garden Decor collection.  I'd love to keep this one.

My own garden is doing well with all the rain.  Finally, finally yesterday I was able to mow, around 5 p.m., and the grass was still wet and clumpy because the ground is so soaked.  I still have a few potted things to plant, and that's my garden goal for today.  Yesterday I scattered some cosmos seeds and put some four o'clock seeds in a planter.  I'm getting toward the end of my planting for the year.  Next year I want to get back to starting seeds during the spring since it's just too hard to find pretty things that aren't the usual suspects.  You know what they are.

I'm getting ready to spend a couple of days at Pieceful Haven, just sewing.  I LOVE that.  The first thing to do, of course, is to clean out my car.  I'm such an admirer of people who have lovely clean cars, not a spec of trash, pristene dash, no crumbs anywhere.  Oh, my.  I know I have sand toys in the back, library books, probably a couple of empty juice boxes floating around.  A hammer and some nails from putting up several quilts at church yesterday.  A bag of sewing I need to do for a client.  Even my embroidery machine USB stick in the glove box.

I guess my cluttered house and cluttered car reflect my cluttered mind.   



No comments: