Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Here's the Deal


I've embroidered names on the back of little baby pants before with good results, but this was the first time I embroidered two words.  My first thought was to do it in two hoopings, one for each side and that's what I did.  Here's the deal:  don't do that!

I started with the gray pants and my first side was ok but the second side was a little crooked.  It's pretty easy to rip out a satin stitch, and when I saw that it wasn't going like I wanted I got out the seam ripper, ripped, adjusted, and went on my way.  All looked pretty good, but I was using a larger needle that I should have and there were a couple of miniscule holes in the knit from the first stitching.

Eventually I figured that I could satin stitch a curvy line between the words and the holes would disappear, so it was a decent rescue.  For the black pants I did both words in one hooping and life was good.  I did a couple of little extras for the friend who needed the baby gift so hopefully she'll be happy.

But if you embroider, don't do what I did.  Hoop once for the baby butt, even if it's two words. 

No comments: