Monday, July 1, 2013

Lunch on the River


June was a month full of good stuff, really fun stuff, so I'm not sure why I found my creativity tanking.  And my motivation overall.  And my housekeeping, never stellar at best, too.

This is a new month, and I'm going to try to do better, and in that spirit, I really enjoyed having lunch with my baby quilt group.  This is the time when we just lunch, and don't sew.  We went to Don Pablo's, on the Ohio River, and it was so enjoyable.  Except for a couple of times walking to see fireworks, I'd never driven through the entry in the flood wall that leads to several restaurants.

I so enjoy the creativity and generosity of spirit in this group.  And now I'm ready to sew again, beginning with the quilt that was supposed to be for June.

One thing that will help:  when hot weather comes, my upstairs Cape Cod studio is just too warm.  I don't even try to air condition it, just keep the vents closed.  I usually end up with a dining room sewing area and then I'm cranky because the living area never looks neat.  I grew up in a messy house and just get uneasy when things get out of control.

This summer, today actually, I'm setting up a table in my bedroom, which is certainly large enough, and I'll choose one of my sewing machines to live there.  Well, maybe two of them.  A small cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter.  I'll see how that works.  I know there will be lots of running up and down stairs, but I do that anyway and it's good exercise.

Maybe one of these days I'll have a project completed. 

No comments: