Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sewing Group

Yesterday I sewed with a group, which I love. I enjoy the company, seeing what everyone's making but also just the concentration. I have to focus on sewing because that's what we're doing - sewing. No jumping up to check the computer or putting in a load of wash or running to the post office. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

I brought the top to this baby quilt, added the sashings, sandwiched and quilted it. Put on the binding. Finished. I'm just a little dismayed - I used a curved stitch to quilt it over the seams and there were too many stitches to do a smooth job. Next time I'm using the three-part zig zag, which always works. Still, though, it's fine, and hopefully some parents with a tiny little one will be comforted.


Last night I walked to the library, just a little light rain in the air, still warm. We're getting to the end of those wonderful evenings.

No comments: