Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back Home Again

Just home from a trip to Asheville, lots of pictures to follow. I've found that Smoky Mountain pictures never do the park justice and I've about given up on those. I always see many people stopped by the side of the road taking pictures and wonder what they know that I don't. Then I see hikers with tripods and just know that they know things I don't.

But Asheville is different, lots of quirky things that photograph easily and well. Lots of fun things with Sarah and Winnie. Even a quick visit with my cousin Gregg and his wife Karen.

Lots of blue skies and beautiful fall folliage, pretty weather. And now I'm back in Cincinnati with gray skies and rain today. Weather is cooling down toward winter. My house looks way, way too dull, need to work on that. No wonder I was so reluctant to come back, to give up all that brightness.

I need to think about how I can eat better, Asheville has such a wonderful spirit of eating locally and with lots of produce. And I need to think about how I can cheer up my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your picture. It is a very rainy day here too and piles of leaves are falling.
Sarah