Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 127

I can't remember when I started Friday Fill-Ins but now I always look forward to them.

1. I love home. I love walking in the door at home, waking up at home, hanging out at home. Yep, I'm a homebody.

2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been potato salad. I needed some for a potluck Sunday but was so.o.o.o tired. I got a few pounds of Amish potato salad at the deli (a little sweet, no onions) and added lots of carrots and celery and hard boiled eggs. It was so good that I made it again later in the week.

3. We heard the sound bark! bark! bark! and my little grandson said, "No barking." Yes, Grandma Janice, he really did.

4. A nice long walk would have been perfect today. After 90 degree temperatures early in the week, we're being blessed with cool nights and daytime temps in the seventies. Love it.

5. An angel brought some good news long ago, and good news comes to us in many forms today.

6. When all is said and done, I'm almost always happy. Choose joy!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm planning to make a list of what to take to the Smokies next week, tomorrow my plans include making the church banner that I need for Sunday, and Sunday I'm looking forward to getting a library book that I've had on reserve and reading at least a few pages.

Happy Friday, everyone.

9 comments:

planettreasures said...

I always love a good potato salad too.
what a great idea to add some extras, I'll have to remember that one!

Marites said...

hmm...i'm tempted to do the potato salad this weekend. I was planning to do spaghetti earlier but your #3 sounds so yummy! Anyway, hope you'll have a good weekend:)

Unknown said...

Thank you for checking my answers for Friday Fill-ins.

Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Your potato sounds sooo good! Goes to show, those little tots are listening even if we think not ! If only the dogs would, & obey!
Enjoy your weekend,
Janice

Mariposa said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.

Mine is here -> Mariposa's Friday Fill-Ins!

I am Harriet said...

I've become a homebody myself. I hate going out now :)

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/can-you-believe-its-friday.html

Paula said...

I am right there with you...a homebody

Wrighty said...

Yep, I'm a homebody too and your potato salad sounds yummy! Your quilts are gorgeous and so are the kids. Such cutie pies! Great at photography too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Brandt! said...

I love your quilt projects .. the bird!! Ignore that inner voice!! You sound so content in life!! Have a great weekend!