Monday, May 1, 2023

Behind

 


Mending, alterations, I'm way behind.  It seems like that's the way it's going in my life right now.

Yeserday, I did hem a pair of pants.  And altered Nora's pretty brown prom suit.  For the pants, took them in at the waist, norrowed the legs, re-hemmed, anchored the buttons.  I never mind grand kid sewing.

At retreat several weeks ago I cut out squares for a comforter and figured out a layout.  I wish I'd taken a picture because now I can't remember that layout.  The fabric came in a bag from Mennonite Central Committee, pieces of donated fabric that someone put together.  Mostly greens and yellows.  It needs some purple.  That's ok, I have purple.

My older friend, the one I've been getting groceries for and taking out on Fridays, has been in the hospital.  Now in a nice rehab facility.  I've tried to visit often, but this weekend, not at all.  And I feel bad about that.  Last time I went she was sitting up in a wheelchair, looking outside at the trees and the birds, so much nicer than the hospital view of another part of the building, seen from her bed.  There was talk of bingo the next day.

The thing is, now that I'm not doing our combined grocery order, I've been putting off getting groceries.  Just dashing into the smaller store for a few things or ordering carry out.    

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Do you think she will be coming back home? I bet she wants to.

I am reminded of the many quilts I helped tie. It's a nice thing to do with a few friends.
This was before one of the members got a long arm- then everything was machine quilted. sort of lost that hand made quality real fast. I have a machine quilted king sized quilt- I still haven't made binding and sewn it on. I keep forgetting how to make binding...it's really ridiculous. I am ridiculous.