Saturday, June 25, 2022

Birthday Sundae

 


One of the nice things about the Graeter's app - the birthday sundae.  Two scoops of any ice cream, any topping.  Today I had banana chocolate chip ice cream and strawberry topping.  Whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry.  It was delightful, and it was dinner.

So, now is the time to consider being this new age and to plan my end-of-year 2022 goals.  I have not yet reached the average life expectancy of women in the US, although I'm approaching it.  And I'm grateful for my years.

Still, this has been a hard week.  I am worrying about my daughters and my grandchildren.  I'll leave it at that.

Last week at this time my daughters and I were at Red River Gorge.  If you haven't heard of it, look it up.  And look up how Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas was instrumental in preventing the gorge from being dammed to become a lake.  I think of that every visit.

We had a modern cabin in a rural area, maybe seven miles from the gorge.  We celebrated birthdays, Winnie's and mine.  We ate pizza from Miguel's.  I'm ready to go back.  



2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy birthday, my friend! There are a lot of things to be worried about and a lot of us that are worried about the direction things are going in. Sending quilted hugs for your birthday.

Joanne S said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! That Birthday Sundae looks so Gloriously Delicious.
I wish I could drive over and get one for myself- and a second one for YOU.