Thursday, August 26, 2021

 


Happy National Dog Day to those of you who notice these things.  

In the days before Lucy left us, a little black chihuahua showed up in Sarah and Winnie's neighborhood.  He was well cared for on their porch, even had a vet visit, but no one seemed to be looking for him.  And so yesterday he rode away with the Small But Mighty Rescue people, who have a waiting list for just such little dogs.

After the zoo adventure, my week has been quiet.  A narrow hem on a long chiffon mother of the bride dress.  Serger thread and setting changes for a rolled hem on a bathing suit top.  Making a loved scrub top larger.  The double sashings on my sampler quilt.  

There are a crazy number of Covid cases in my state, sixty-five deaths yesterday, or was it the day before.  The governor has called up the National Guard for hospital help.  Wondering, should I change out the porch light to the green bulb again?  I was so happy to put that green bulb away just a couple of months ago.  Things seemed so hopeful.

I can feel my world narrowing again.  Fewer in-store visits, although so many people at the grocery store are wearing masks.  School has started, no more lunch drop-offs that I enjoyed.  Praying that school will be able to continue in-person.  That the band can play on. 

 

No comments: