Monday, September 2, 2019

Labor Day Weekend


Aaron and Aunt Sarah after Aaron's football game.  A good afternoon.

And all too soon it was Sunday and the car went up the hill and Sarah with dog Lucy were on their way home.

And now it is Monday and there is that emotional sag of the leaving, still.

Last night was the big Labor Day fireworks show on the Cincinnati river front.  I didn't go, it is a huge crowd scene, although I've enjoyed the times I did go.  Sarah went running Friday and Saturday and was amazed at the people reserving spots with blankets and tarps.  I watched the show on tv, and that was good enough.

Sarah reported that the various Starbucks on the way home had long lines, until finally in Knoxville she was able to easily drive through with Lucy.  I guess everyone wanted a pumpkin spice latte on September 1.  Lucy had a puppuccino, which is a free Starbucks treat for dogs, whipped cream in a cup.


No comments: