Saturday, September 21, 2019

Halloween Piecing


At this week's retreat I took customer projects to work on but chose to spend a block of my time piecing a simple Halloween quilt to hang in my dining room during October.  Using once again the Yellow Brick Road pattern from Joanne.  It will be lap size, so if another year I do a more complicated piecing I can use this one as a throw.

Tomorrow - the autumn solstice.  I have a pair of earrings that I enjoy wearing on the solstice days.  Other days too, of course.  Already the darkness comes so early during the evenings.  Already the vine that twines around my porch railing is starting to get a little woody.

And tomorrow too, will be the first sermon for the new interim pastor at my church.  I have deep hopes that he will have the wisdom for healing.  I have agreed to be on the Worship Committee for the next couple of years and am hoping that I'll find some wisdom too.

On my facebook this morning, a picture of Aaron and his girl friend at Kings Island.  He is in sixth grade, so this isn't a big romance, but they do enjoy doing things together.  Apparently she convinced him to visit a couple of haunted houses at Kings Island, just like she convinced him to ride some of the big coasters earlier in the summer.

Last night I made the best cornbread, actually, I have to admit, more like a yellow cake with corn meal, it's that sweet. 

No comments: