Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Beast


Beauty and the Beast.  Tomorrow you'll see a picture of the Beauty, but today, the Beast.


This is what my kitchen looks like.  Base cabinet and stove pulled out and wall cut to access the bathroom plumbing.  And so it will remain until next week.

It started out as a little home repair plumbing project and quickly grew out of control.  I am grateful because now most of my cast iron pipes, all yucked up on the inside, are gone and replaced with PVC pipe that will surely outlast me and the next few owners.

And who knew that there is a plumbing store that stocks lots of older plumbing repair fixtures.  With the new old piece, hopefully Friday's tub repair should be an easy one.

Although very few of the repairs in my older home have been easy.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Nothing is easy when you open up walls in an old home. the guys last summer would make a certain
sound and G and I knew---hey, they found something else that would have to be done over and that would take more money. And my house was built in 1984. From what they said--hand built. With hammer and nails and not nail guns. Walls have a slant from ceiling to floor. Makes new window installations--interesting.

Good thing the Chinese place has that Pad Thai you like!