Saturday, July 28, 2018

Art After Hours


Last night was Art After Hours at the local library.  It's such a nice annual event, with artists, live music, flowers, and catered food.  My friend Carrye and I were happy to be included, and this was our space, in the computer area.

So many people came and many stopped to chat or ask questions.  Steph and Nora came, and Nora adored the roasted red-skinned potatoes, just plain, although there was a dipping sauce available.  I liked the little wraps, wonderfully colorful with a light clear dressing.

Carrye and I had met earlier in the week to plan what we'd bring, and one of the set-up people made quick work of hanging our quilts.  It was such an easy set up and tear down for us.

And now I feel a little inspired, a feeling that's been missing for me.  First, though, I am off to the store for shelf paper.  Son-in-law Mike came yesterday and Thursday to put the kitchen back together.  There is a stove and a sink and a counter top.  Since the drawers and shelves are empty, I want to wash them and put back new shelf paper before I load them up.  The kitchen clutter in the dining room will need to wait just a bit.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

What a lovely idea--I should suggest it to our Town library.
And I haven't used self paper--in I guess forever. Bad Housekeeping.