Sunday, January 7, 2018

Snowman



So, do you want to build a snowman?  Probably not this week, here.  The temperatures are rising and our "snow" will most likely be rain.  Fingers crossed.

And then in a couple of days, the temps should be in the 50's, a good time for me to bring in the exterior Christmas lights.

I just went outside to bring in a couple of items from my car and the air felt different.  Moist.  Without that bitter edge.

My wonderful sister just send me a post-Christmas box with 19 fat quarters.  Nineteen!  Her tastes run toward 30's reproduction fabrics, she is an historical librarian, after all.  A nice addition to my pretty fabrics.  And perfect for the Elizabeth Hartman cat pattern that I plan to make for my niece.  For now, the box lives in my bedroom where I can look through it before bed.

My dreams lately have been of running.  Happily running.  Maybe those new athletic shoes in my closet are having an influence.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

That is the cutest damn snowman I have ever seen. Is he made of wood or composite? How tall?
I have two snowmen that I purchased years and years ago. I tried looking them up on Ebay to see what they might be worth. They had Mrs. Snowman --expensive but no Misters. Wondering why? And the two of them (one had a price tag of $80) got me thinking--why was I spending so much money?????? There is evidence --in the attic--that I used to spend quite a lot of money. Today I was on tiptoes in the newly organized linen closet and found a very lovely 40's printed tablecloth. Never used. It's on the rattan table right now. Being used. I was looking for fabric to cut into a large square and hem for use on the table. There is plenty of 30's bark cloth. I was going to make lots of pillow covers.

Yesterday was Epiphany so I need to dismantle my tree today. Wrap all the ornaments in the "new" white tissue squares I recycled from work. The things they throw away. I'm not sure there will be football to watch.

One degree when we went to see Star Wars yesterday at 3. Ten below when G let Riley out to pee at 6am.
There is a great "new" way to run. As fast as you can for a minute and then nice and easy for 5. Repeat. Gets the metabolism going. A 15 minute run and it's better than an hour. Easier on the knees.