Friday, October 20, 2017

Scraps


Another church picture.  I was in a classroom I usually don't visit and enjoyed seeing the rug and the sunlight.

Years ago, I don't know when, I put a good-sized laundry basket under a sewing machine table and have ever since thrown in scraps.  And now it's overflowing.

This week, I started pulling out pieces.  Some, I've cut into 4" squares for a scrap baby quilt.  Others are strips, mostly left from pieces of binding, usually 2 1/4".  Those I'm sewing together for a different baby quilt.  And some I'm throwing away because they are too small for what I have in mind.

And so, we shall see.  I'm finding that an hour of this is enough for any one day.

Occasionally I recognize a piece of fabric, but usually not.  I'm realizing that I go through a LOT of different fabrics.

Yesterday, I enjoyed the news, reading the words of two former presidents. 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Yes, I didn't like Bush as President but he seems to have matured nicely or perhaps he's more human with out Darth Vader his VP. I even like General Kelly but understand as a general he must respect and obey his President--even when in his gut he KNOWS the guy is WRONG.

I cleaned out the freezer today--tomorrow I'll dump everything in the work dumpster. So many things with frost inside the containers or packages. Lots of frozen green and red peppers. Never used even 25% of the ones I froze. Better to give them away by the paper sack full. Or grow less.

I am wanting Halloween candy. Especially Twizzlers. Must Not Buy Any.

I used to have a basket under the cutting table (yes, I had a cutting table) and whenever something I was working on needed a little something--it was right there in the basket. I miss that basket. It was a mystery to me how the thing I needed was always there. Hope you are as lucky!!!