Thursday, August 17, 2017

Purple and Green


The picture is a bit dark, but not very.  I found this lovely quilt top in one of those wonderful boxes from Joanne.  Full of deep purples and bright greens, triangles and circles.  Some baby and mama are going to be really happy.  The backing is a dark purple print that pretty much reads as dark purple.

The symmetry/asymmetry of it makes me smile and really love this quilt.  I'm sure there is a story.  Joanne?

Once I get a baby quilt finished, I hang it on the metal shelves in the office area with large quilt clips and spend some time enjoying it myself.  Since baby quilt group is Monday, I won't have long to enjoy this one.  The group will be going to lunch early so everyone can get home in time for the eclipse.

The dog and I are doing fine.  Four short walks and three tie-downs in the back yard each day.  Today we went to the top of the hill to the park, lots of sniffing there.  I'm sure there were plenty of deer watching from the brush.

Sigh.  The Reds' Joey Votto didn't tie Ted Williams record of getting on base twice for 21 games in a row.  Votto made it to 20, still in the record book.


2 comments:

Joanne S said...

I remember the top but not making it or why I got some of the half square blocks the wrong way.
Really, its a mystery. I pressed the wrong button like you did--but found the comment up under everything else on the desktop.

I went up in the attic and found a baggie with 30 five inch 30's reproduction print squares.so I will be on my way to making some wonky stars. Lots of pinks. I like working with 30's pink..

Did the mothers like that other quilt?

Life Scraps and Patches said...

No, not "the wrong way." "The way I did." I'm loving it.