Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tuesday Morning


Gentle rain throughout the morning yesterday.  How wonderful.  Perhaps my squash and pumpkins will get a little growth spurt.  To go with the weeding they got this weekend.

My "job" yesterday was to hem a knit sleeveless overdress with side openings, very simple and elegant.  I am happy with how it turned out.  I want one more look at it in a bit.  It's black and I want to be sure I didn't miss anything, the stitches tend to bury in this kind of knit  I always try to do this kind of sewing early in the morning when my mind is fresh.

I missed saying Happy Birthday to my former co-worker yesterday.  I mean, I said it to her on facebook, and I'll be sending her a card, late,  but still, there is just something about smiling and singing over a cake, as we did for years.

As the summer goes on, my energy level is waning.  I think it's the same every summer.  I would think that summer would be my happy production time, but it doesn't seem to be that way.  I'm finding it very hard to stay motivated.

I looked up how much added sugar is ok and found that the recommended amount is only six grams.  Six!  Have you looked at a nutritional label?  Six grams hardly covers the pesky incidental sugar in bread or crackers or salad dressing.  Or half a cookie, maybe.




1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I see no problems eating sugar. I do use Splenda in my coffee and a splenda vanilla sweeter in my yogurt.
But when I have a cup of hot or cold tea--I like it SWEET. My Georgia years and sweet tea.

But my daughter doesn't like the use of Splenda --as she thinks it affects mental cognition..
I f I leave my body to science someone will find out if she was right.