Monday, July 24, 2017

The Scene



On Friday the grands and I had our big summer bash at Scene 75, not far from where they live.  It's a huge space, with lots of video games, laser tag, go carts, bowling, restaurant.  Aside from a ride on the go carts, the kids love the video games and just want to do that.

The money is loaded on a card, which is swiped at each game.  Tickets won go on the card, which is nice.  If there is a big win, like in the picture, it takes awhile to get all the tickets loaded, and that's part of the fun too.  Baseball players that they are, their favorite game is knocking over cats on three rows.  A bit smaller scale than the similar arcade game, but more cats appear if they all get knocked down in the allotted time.

I hear footsteps running on the roof as I write, certainly a squirrel, although this is the summer for raccoons in the neighborhood.  A couple of neighbors have trapped and released far away.  One neighbor is pretty sure that a raccoon was swimming in her pool.  Another neighbor has seen raccoons go into another neighbor's chimney.

I stayed home from church yesterday but did nothing spiritual with that time.  It was avoidance, primarily, avoidance of getting on the interstates, at least that was my excuse.  With repair on the big bridge and detours to the other interstates, people in my area are using other routes.  I can usually use a less busy bridge to get into Cincinnati, but once there it isn't easy to work my way to church.  And there was a home Reds game right at that bridge when I'd be coming home.  Still, excuses.  I could have figured it out.


No comments: