Sunday, July 16, 2017

Different From My Usual Life

Soon there will be the clunk that is life returning to normal.  Not that that's a bad thing.  Tomorrow I will wash the clothes in my washer for the third time and actually get them hung up or in the dryer.

On Thursday Sarah came from North Carolina and on Friday we drove to NW Ohio for my aunt Evelyn's funeral.  "It Is Well With My Soul" is still swirling in the back of my mind.

My sister and brother were there, and cousins.  My aunt's relatives, I had forgotten that she had five siblings.  The pictures were amazing.  My uncle was a photographer in the time when it was an art form.  Not like today, when we can snap twenty-five digital photos and there will be one pretty good one and we are happy.  

Sarah had to leave on Saturday, so Friday night the grands and their mom came for a sleepover.  Ale 8 Ones for the kids and a selection of beers that Sarah carefully picked out from the make-your-own-six-pack at Fresh Thyme.  Chicken and pasta and salad and pie.  

Today Nora and I went to Lucy's on Monmouth and then on to Barnes and Noble for the sixth Harry Potter book.  "It's Just You and Me" time.  We strolled through the Bacon, Bourbon, and Brew event by the river.  There were lots of interesting things to eat, which we didn't.  Deep fried oreos wrapped in bacon.  Fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Nachos with goetta.  You get the idea.

Nora is enjoying playing my piano these days, using you tube videos to help her.  Who knew?



 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I had been wondering what was happening. The funeral.
But you got to see and visit with family. that was good.
Yes, good photographs.

things are a bit "testy" here this morning. the new closet doors
are sticking and the hinges--the doors are very heavy--are loosening.
All things the guys just didn't want to work on this morning.

They are removing all the tools and extras. Putting them into the work trailer.
G has mentioned that we are finding missing (go buy another) things and asked them
to be mindful of what they are finding and moving.---