Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July Baby Quilt


July baby quilt.  Thanks, Joanne, for the pattern and much of the fabric.  I'm loving the orange/yellow/pink color combo.

Pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs.  A baby quilt takes six fat quarters, or approximate fabric.  The pattern has several sizes, all the way to king.

I actually used my sit down quilter, so the quilting isn't my usual walking foot quilting.  I just did a meander, larger than my usual tight stippling.  My friend recommended trying prewound Superior Bottom Line bobbins with the quilter, and they work great.

Next up:  Ginny gave us fabric and pattern for a challenge.


2 comments:

Joanne S said...

I LOVE the superior prewound bobbins. Used them for years and years with invisible on top.
I used that pattern to make a King sized quilt for my bed. It's all made and machine quilted (by a friend) but I haven't bound the edges yet. Making all that binding is daunting. I like the actual hand stitching of the binding to the quilt edge. But the making of the stuff--not so much. and I wanted to use all the scraps so the edge matched the quilt.

Joanne S said...

I'm looking at this and it doesn't look like my brick road. But I am loving that multi pink swirl-- and the "groovy" orange old stuff. No wonder my quilt chapter would avert their eyes when I stood up for show and tell---hilarious. BUT when I see them now--always ask "what are you making".

People are never boring!!!!