Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Softball Player


After a couple of months without softball games, I just had to go and watch Nora play. She was such a happy girl.  She is usually pretty quiet, but on the softball field she looks different.  More confident.

This fall league is a little different - her team has girls ages 7 - 11.  Quite a spread, especially with those 7's who are smaller and the 11's who are taller than others their age.  The fields are really nice, though, with real bathrooms, a definite plus.  
 

I needed to quickly make a Christmas table runner, like the fall one I made last week.  The border is really a lovely green and gold - it looks almost gray here.  I'm sure I'll make another right before my class so I'll have the directions fresh in my mind.  The class isn't until the end of October.

So now, I am almost ready to start on a banner for my local church's 40th anniversary next month.  There will be some similarities between the table runner and the banner.  Lots of reverse applique circles. 

No comments: