Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Heirloom Table Runner


Last week someone called me and asked whether I would be interested in making a baby's christening gown from a wedding dress.  I told her that I didn't really do heirloom sewing and thanked her for calling me.  Then when I looked at the Viking September project, I realized that I would be doing a little heirloom sewing after all.  This project isn't on the Viking website yet, but probably will be there within the next few days.  Click on "Be Inspired" then "Sewing Projects."

The amazing thing is that the organza is embroidered without a stabilizer.  A frame of batting is put under the outside of the hoop, where the top and bottom connect. I was a skeptic, but it worked great.  If you don't have an embroidery machine but still want to make something pretty, you could substitute lace yardage for the organza.  I just might do that anyway.

 

No comments: