Saturday, November 24, 2012

Two Baby Quilts

Two of my baby quilts went off today.  The month's pattern was to be two horizontal bars with pieced strips above and below.  Wedges, actually, but I'd just done wedges and didn't want to do more right away.  I had a baby-looking jelly roll so I made a jelly roll quilt and cut off three pieces.  That made the pieced strips.

Then I still had enough left to put two colored strips top and bottom and make another quilt.  Lots of quilting, but I didn't take a picture of the back.  There are numerous premmie twins, and this set should work well for twins.

Last month two members of my group took the quilts to the hospital.  They were invited in to see the little babies.  There were between 50 and 60, and each one had a quilt.  (In case anyone is wondering, the quilts are washed at the hospital.) 

Twelve quilts were delivered today, my group has been busy.  Of course I'm biased, but I think that the quilts from my group are especially nice.

No comments: