Friday, August 17, 2012

Veg Head

In front of the Veg Head was this striking plant and planter.  And close to the Veg Head is the Quilter's Studio, where my friend Carrye and I went this morning.  We looked at everything there was to look at, and I got a few things - a half off pattern that will be great for baby quilts, some Wonder Clips for bindings and other things that need clipping, a new seam ripper, some King Tut thread that changes colors every inch.  A tiny bit of fabric.

Lunch at The Veg Head was a lovely black bean burger.  There are quite a few terrible black bean burgers in this world, but this wasn't one of them.  I had humus on it instead of cheese, just because I'd never done that.  Probably won't do it again, but who knows.

And, wonderfully, the Kitchen Aid repair person called and said that my mixer was done.  The shop is only about a mile from the interstate, so the mixer is now sitting in my kitchen.  The repair guy had given up on it once, then decided that perhaps a new housing would do the trick.  It did.  I picked up an extra bowl while I was there, so now I can make real cakes, mixing the batter, then beating the egg whites in a separate bowl, then folding the egg whites into the batter.

It was a glorious day.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I love it when a veggie burger turns out to be great. A restaurant we go to had a black bean veggie wrap that was seriously wonderful. So they changed it. Added a mess of squishy sweet potato. Now it's not nice anymore.

I make a fantastic sweet potato burger--if I can find the recipe I will share it with you.

My former friend K liked to buy tools to help with her sewing. She always got the best stuff and then bought me one. I miss that.