Friday, August 24, 2012

Red Towel

Tomorrow I am teaching a class combining the endless hoop and cutwork needles, which aren't really needles at all but little razors on the needle shaft.  Hence, the red towel with pale green cutwork.  Things worked as they should, and all the designs line up very nicely.

The embroidered portion is serged on the dishtowel.  I have been doing some alterations recently, and have been threading and unthreading the serger a lot.  I can remember the days when it took me a long time to thread it, but now it's pretty fast, which is why I'm willing to do it for work that actually ends up on the inside.  Not to mention, doing it again and again is the best way to "get" it. 

When things calm down at the end of the summer, I want to actually spend some time with the serger and get comfortable with other things than the 4-thread over lock and the rolled hem.  I am always a little anxious about giving a serger lesson, especially if the customer wants "more."  

It's going to be hot today, so I need to get outside and mow while it's still cool.  That mowing is past due. 

No comments: