Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Little Sneak Peak

Tuesday I went to my sewing group, which I so love. I planned to bead the Metamorphosis quilt and carefully packed everything. Only thing is, I forgot to pack the beads. I glanced in my bag one last time, saw a large white bag and thought, "yep, I've got them." Only my beads were in a purple bag.

There seemed to hope for it except to drive back home and get that purple bag, but the group was meeting near a shopping center and I decided to run into Charming Charlie in the hope of finding some necklaces that I could cut apart.

That's what happened. I found three necklaces, two on clearance, and somehow scored an in-store coupon as well. For $17, I got perfect beads for my quilt, plus lots more, avoided the time and gas for going back home, and got a pair of earrings that came with one of the necklaces. I really like those earrings. And one of the necklaces was made of gold-tone organic circles in three sizes, perfect for this quilt

Not to mention, the beads look better on my quilt than the ones I had at home. Maybe the moral of this story is, shop at Charming Charlie first. Goodness knows, they've got the colors.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Your bead plan "metamorphosis-ed" into a much better plan. I love when that happens. That story can now be part of the quilt's history.