Saturday, September 24, 2011

Piecing Curves




A couple of months ago I took a Kathy Loomis workshop about piecing curves. It was a great workshop, but I was especially hooked on her workshop from the day before, fine line piecing. Since then, I've done a lot of practicing on that and none on piecing curves.

Recently I picked up two Dianne Hire books (thanks, Lockharts, for the birthday Amazon birthday gift card) and yesterday I opened "Vivacious Curvy Quilts." Taking what Dianne says and building on Kathy's workshop, I get it. My curves are lovely and flat, and this is something that's never worked for me before this summer. And it's so easy. Who knew?


And, there's more. I've always appreciated the 1/4" piecing foot that came with my Viking Quilt Designer and never even tried the one that came with my Diamond. Until this week, when I temporarily misplaced the Quilt Designer one. And now, having finally tried it, I love the Diamond one, especially for 1/8" seams, which is what's used for curves. Happy Day.

No comments: