Friday, September 2, 2011

Open House

Last night was Open House at Nora's school - school starts on Tuesday. Nora will be in first grade this year, first all day school for her since her kindergarten was just half days.


Her school was new last year and has lots of cool stuff. I love that her classroom has lots going on but isn't overwhelming. And that Nora, with her introverted heart, had a chance to quietly sit at her desk before the big day.



Aaron enjoyed himself, predictably going for the mechanical things in the classroom. He would have loved to have spent ages with the smart board, if we'd let him.



But since we didn't, the clock had to do. He loved the feature that showed the sun rising and setting.



What a difference from my first grade school, which was old, old even then. It was my first experience in a mixed-grade classroom, but certainly not my last. I always found it so hard to concentrate on my work when the older grade was doing their reading or math. I have no idea how many children were in my classroom, but it seemed like there were lots. Nora will have twenty-four, with a student teacher to help out.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this, I love it!
Janice