Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Wallhanging

Finished a wall hanging (that's really straight, need to get a system for taking good pictures) using curved piecing. And I'm realizing that I need to do some dyeing before cold weather so I can get more bright "solid" fabrics for this kind of piecing.

Actually, I have a nice little stash of solids, but some really nice pieces I want to save for something more "special" than this experimental piecing. I think I got this from my mother and grandmother, this saving of things for "good." I try to be intentional about actually using my nice things, but there's just something that I have to get past every time. Shoes, jewelry, fabric . . . makes no difference.

I'm thinking that this afternoon I'll do some work in my front yard garden. Surprising that I'm not seeing pansies for sale at the grocery stores this year, guess I need to actually go to the greenhouse or a garden center. I'd love to find some ornamental kale too.

No comments: