Sunday, June 13, 2010

Home Again

Home again, and musing that
- the van breakdown in Knoxville had a safe ending, the tow truck was prompt and the drivers mechanical, we were back on the road in two hours and the repair bill was $16.38. Honest.
- the Ibuprofin and bandaids in the camp box came home unused.
- someone I know really does play those arcade games in Gatlinburg.
- my teeth feel fabulous after two brushings and one flossing.
- two year old conversation is amazing. "We don't poop in our diaper. We don't. We poop in the potty. I just pooped in my diaper. There isn't a potty here."
- my new plantings got lots of rain while I was gone. And my basement got wet because it rained so hard and fast that debris covered the drain at the bottom on my driveway and water came into the basement. I think it's one of the design flaws of a Cape Cod. And I really did make sure that the drain was clear before I left.
-the synchronized fireflies at Elkmont really put on a beautiful show.
- Nora is learning to read.
-one of the happiest parts of the trip was seeing Sarah, Winnie, and Helen.
- I'm grateful that Steph is a good driver.
- waiting at home was a birthday postcard from my postcard exchange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ everything, except that I would add that those 2 towtruck drivers were amazing, awesome, kind-hearted, and went WAY above and beyond!
And if I was such an excellent driver I'd have actually made it off the exit ramp before the van stopped!

What fun (other than the breakdown) Bring on September.

Steph