Monday, June 14, 2010

Back Home Again, Day Two

Back again, day two.
- The traffic sounds are too loud.
- My stuffy house is cooling down.
- Enjoying using moisturizers. I take them camping but don't use them much. My excuse is that they might attract bugs.
- Kudos to Steph and to Bridget, who realize that kids need time in the woods, hikes on trails, splashing in creeks, and sleeping in tents.
- Helen will be coming to town in about a month and her quilt will be ready. Enough of not knowing how to do it. I'm putting Jack in place today. Fuse. Use a glue stick. Let the thread work its magic. Just show up.
- More rain this morning. No watering necessary.
- My goal was to take too many clothes since last year it rained and rained and I didn't have enough. I brought half of them home unworn. Only a few sprinkles.
- I can't figure out what to take to the quilt guild potluck tonight. I like to cook, but I'm not a fancy cook and so many of those women make really nice things. Should I look at a magazine?
- Aaron spent much bike-riding time stopping at each post and measuring himself, like he might do at Kings Island. Nora spent much bike-riding time saying, "Aaron, you don't have to stop at every one." Nora is fast, fast on her bike with training wheels. Aaron is coasting on the Stryder, lifting up his feet and learning to negotiate curves. Another Aunt Sarah in the making.

- What not to take next time? Hard to say. What to take next time? Three tarps are just right. Pump soap to leave in the bathroom is lovely. One pair of water shoes got lots of use. One two-year-old's are unworn because he insisted on wearing Crocs in the water, and they stayed on his feet. Somewhere there is a place with lots of Crocs that floated down the river, but a Sponge Bob Croc in size 9 isn't one of them today.

No comments: