Monday, December 21, 2009

Fleece

I've never been a fan of those fringed and knotted fleece throws, but lots of people like to make them and the fabric store near me has a huge fleece selection and sells shopping cart loads full of it. They're now selling their fleece remnants and bolt ends for $2 per yard.

I got some tonight to make a blanket for Aaron, not that he needs another Christmas present, but I love bargains and it's cold outside. I found this 1 1/4 yard piece with pictures of Linus, Snoopy, Lucy, and Charlie Brown, or, as Aaron calls him, Brown Charlie. With the matching blue backing, the blanket probably cost $5, and since fleece is 60" wide, it's plenty big. For non-fleece enthusiasts, finding a piece of fleece with licensed characters is as especially good bargain.

I overcast the edges with the sewing machine, and since it's for Aaron, there are ribbon tags on all four corners because he likes to feel the tags. Tomorrow's project is a blanket for his sister, with Scooby Doo, one of her faves.

No comments: