Monday, December 17, 2007

Great Day

Every now and then, the best day comes along, and this was one of those days. I got lots of holiday things finished, I mean lots. But the very best was that my friend Bev from Berea called and said she was on her way to Cincinnati to pick up her daughter and two other students at the bus station. She stopped at my exit and I got in her van and navigated and we got to the bus station in short order, even though I navigated her through a wrong turn once.
Then we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch, and guess what, Bev still salts her tortilla chips. Bev and I used to have lunch every week or two and I've really missed her

I opened my sister's package and she sent some great holiday music and lovely scented candles, plates and napkins for entertaining, and some paper white bulbs, a new variety that she says are supposed to have strong stems and less smell. And a present for Christmas. Thanks, Cindy. I feel so festive.

With my machine fixed, I did put a pocket on Nora's little tea towel apron. Isn't it sweet?

Tonight I was working on a gift that I'm so excited about and time just got away. I love it when that happens. I'll give you a small and slightly out-of-focus peak because I'm so excited about it.

And, one thing more, I tried a new recipe that I really liked. I'll give you the version that I modified since I'm a lazy cook. It's a broccoli stuffing casserole.

Prepare one box cornmeal stuffing according to the directions and steam one pound fresh broccoli until almost done. Combine the stuffing, broccoli, an egg, 3/4 cup grated swiss cheese, and 1/2 tsp salt and a little pepper. Top with 1/4 cup cheese of some kind. I used monterey jack. Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for 10 minutes. The end.


No comments: