Monday, December 10, 2007

December colors

Twinkling lights and Christmas trees aside, December has some wonderful colors.

I always love the blush color of a Christmas cactus and always wonder - how do they know it's time to bloom?


This bush may not have survived last summer's drought, but still provides some winter brightness.

And, thinking of colors,
my stash was lacking in primary colors, and today was a good day to dye.


I dyed some green, too, because after all, it's Christmas, and you never know when you might need some green.

After the fabric has been in the dye around three hours, I figure that it's saturated and won't take much more dye. At that point, I put another piece of fabric with the first. There are fewer dye molecules to go around now so this piece comes out lighter than the first.







No comments: