Saturday, December 15, 2007

Change of Plans

Today was Nora's birthday celebration at Chuck E Cheese, but her parents, brother, and Aunt Tina were the only guests. I got up early, checked the pavement - dry - went back to bed for a little while. When I got up the pavement was still dry and the weather channel said there would be rain until late in the day. I worked on the computer for just a little while and looked out - it was pouring snow. I threw my clothes in a bag and headed out the door with bag and birthday presents but didn't get far. I was skidding, other cars were skidding, it was a mess. I carefully turned around and headed back home. Same for the other grandparents, who were coming from Greenville, Ohio, although I think they got a little farther than I did. And, same for Uncle Johnny and Cousin Lindsay.
So, the pictures are Steph's.
Here's Aunt Tina, who wisely came the night before.

I moped around for awhile, then got busy sewing Christmas presents, which will not appear here, at least not until after Christmas. And, I'm hoping for a piece of that beautiful Snow White cake another day. Probably not tomorrow, though, since it's supposed to start snowing again in the morning.

No comments: